Book | Top 5 OTP's in Literature



For those of you who aren't clear on what the term OTP stands for, it is defined as One True Paring - a persons favourite paring or couple within a fandom - including but not limited to the tv, film, and book fandoms. For me I tend to find an OTP in everything I read and watch so I thought I would share my top 5 OTP's in literature - some of which are a little more obvious than others.

  • Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace Lancaster: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green         

"But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the                   world. You gave me forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful."


    • Madeleine Whittier and Oliver : Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon                               

    “In my head I know I've been in love before, but it doesn't feel like it. Being in love with you is better than the first time. It feels like the first time and the last time and the only time all at once.”


    • Evie Snow and Vincent Winters: On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher                    
    “What's the difference between look and see? When someone looks at you, they only see what's on the surface and often miss a lot of the details. When someone sees you, they see who you are, what you're actually about. They see more than what's there in front of them. They're willing to find out more, at the very least."

    • Kate Cleary and Mark Rissi: You Know Me Well by David Levithan and Nina LaCour

    "I guess Katie and I have formed our own rainbow alliance. It feels like she’s something I’ve always wanted but didn’t know I wanted until I got it: a partner in crime."


    • Sophie May and Billy Buskin: Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher
    “I wish I could bottle the feelings of love inside me and save them for a rainy day – to remind myself of their magnitude in those moments of doubt.” 

    So there is a run down of just 5 of my OTP's which aren't all just relationships, some of my OTP's include friendships too. What about you guys? Do you have any OTP's, leave me a comment and let me know if we share any OTP's.

                                                          Bye for now my little pumpkins

    No comments