THE UNIVERSITY SERIES | Packing The Essentials



I know that when I first got a confirmation of my place at the University of Sunderland accommodation I was in a total panic. I didn't know what I would need to take with me, whether I would need half of the stuff that I did plan to take and whether I would have space for it all so I thought I would compile a printable packing list, similar to the one I used myself.


The printable version of this packing list can be found here so it can be easily accessed while you are compiling your own packing list. Additionally, I have added on a few "non essentials" such as fluffy blankets, fairy lights and photo frames but these really do help to make the room feel a bit more like home which can make the process of settling in that much easier. When I first moved in I found it difficult to settle into my new room but once I had made the room mine by adding a few homely touches I settled right in.

In the packing list I also included two sets of kitchen supplies such as plates and cups as if you were to have a friend over for tea or the likes, it prevents the awkward situation of not having enough kitchen utensils. However, before buying all of your own things, remember to check whether your new accommodation is furnished or not.

My accommodation for all three years of my university life was furnished, and even kitchen supplies such as pans, plates and mugs were provided, however that did not stop us from bringing our own. It just meant that we were never short of plates. Mind you, we were always short of cutlery, I promise you that one day you will go to look for a folk and there will be non in sight.

                                                           Bye for now my little pumpkins

No comments