the Goodreads Choice Awards 2016

The Goodreads Choice Awards are published every Novemeber, and encourage readers to vote on what they believe the best books of the year to be with the awards being separated into 19 different categories:

  1. Fiction
  2. Mystery & Thriller
  3. Historical Fiction
  4. Fantasy
  5. Romance
  6. Science Fiction
  7. Horror
  8. Humor
  9. Nonfiction
  10. Memoir & Autobiography
  11. History & Biography
  12. Science & Technology
  13. Food & Cookbooks
  14. Graphic Novels & Comics
  15. Debut Goodreads Author
  16. Young Adult Fiction
  17. Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction
  18. Middle Grade & Children's
  19. Picture Books
I did not vote in all of the categories listed above, this was because for some categories I had not read a book that fell within them. Therefore I chose to leave them out. But listed below is the categories I voted in, and what I chose to vote for.

  • Fiction: Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
  • Fantasy: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by 
  • Humor: Dan & Phill Go Outside by Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhill
  • Memoir & Autobiography: Buffering by Hannah Hart
  • Graphic Novels & Comics: Saga, Volume Six by 
  • Debut Goodreads Author: Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
  • Young Adult Fiction: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
  • Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
  • Middle Grade & Children's: The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer
So there we have it, my votes for 9 out of 19 of the categories in this years Goodreads Choice Awards. Have you voted? If so, what did you vote for? I found it particularly difficult to pick one for the Young Adult Fiction section. Did you?

Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear what you thought of this years categories.

                                                     bye for now my little pumpkins


No comments