Listen To Your Body

For a long time I never really understand the importance of sitting down, taking the back seat from a busy lifestyle and really having some well deserved 'me time'. In fact it wasn't until I started working a full time job, and I began to try and balance this alongside managing a my social life and getting a sufficient amount of sleep that I realised that I was running myself into the ground and it really began to have a negative affect on my mental health.

For me, taking some well deserved me time often includes leaving my house as little as possible for 24 hours, submerging myself in a good book, wrapped up in one of my favourite blankets, and perched in one of my little reading nooks. It also includes early nights on those nights that I feel particularly tired, and not forcing myself to stay up late trawling through social media. It's avoiding social media when I'm feeling the need for a detox. Me time is taking a Lush filled bath, listening to a playlist of soft relaxing music. It is not working yourself to the point of exhaustion. It's not neglecting how you feel in order to meet the needs of others. It's not feeling so low and warn out that you can't look after yourself.

Most of us don't release that we aren't indestructible until it's too late but I can't stress how important it is is to listen to your body. So take some me time, listen to your body and look after yourself.


No comments