Hello Autumn



Okay, so we are finally well and truly in to my favourite season, and to be honest, I couldn't be any more excited. so I thought I would share with you just a handful of the reasons as to why I just love it so.


  • Leaves changing colours: I can't help but fall more and more in love each year with the colours of the leaves on the trees. Each leaf is it's own little colour, its own little shade of autumn.
  • Autumn's own little scent: Each season carries with it it's own little scent, and to me autumn smells like bonfires, and cold air, rain and fallen leaves. You all may think I am crazy but next time you step out side just take a little moment to take in the air, especially first thing in the morning. It's just amazing.
  • Cosy jumpers: Oh come on, who doesn't love being all snug and warm in a slightly oversized jumper, layed with a cute little jacket? 
  • Dark nights: Okay, this is a little bit of an unpopular opinion but I just love the dark nights that autumn brings with it. They are perfect for wrapping yourself with a large fluffy blanket, copious amounts of tea, and a good book.
  • Pumpkin Spied Lattes: I honestly think that a Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte is the key to my heart, there is something just magical about the flavour of pumpkin, cinnamon and coffee.
  • Cooler weather: Now, as much as I enjoy the warmer weather that summer brings, autumns cooler days mean that I can be all snug and cosy in a cute little jumper. But autumn is also not too cold, which is perfect.
  • Halloween, and other festivities: Autumn also marks the start of several exciting festivities, from October 1st onwards its exciting celebration after exciting celebration. However, I think out of all of the festivities in autumn, Halloween is my favourite. I love a good excuse to dress up and watch scary movies.
  • Crunchy leaves: Everybody, I repeat EVERYBODY loves walking out of their front door, and stepping on crunchy leaves. And if they say they don't then they are lying. Honestly, it is the most satisfying sound - stepping on those leaves. I even go out of my way to find a crunchy leaf.
  • Bonfires: I love the smell of bonfires, and the prettiness of the flames, okay? I love standing outside on a cold autumn night to be warmed by the flames of a little bonfire.
  • Pretty smelling candles: I have an unhealthy obsession with autumn smelling candles, and currently have a small collection of 15 to 20 autumn scented Yankee candles which I am just itching to burn. There is nothing more cosy than the smell of cinnamon filling your home.
  • Cute little scarves and mittens: There is nothing more important than keeping yourself toasty warm, and what a better way to do it then with cute little scarves and mittens, and even cute little beenie hats?
Okay, so that is just a few reasons why autumn is my favourite season, what is yours, and why?

                                                     Bye for now my little pumpkins

No comments