GUEST POST FRIDAY | Summer 2016 Recap - Sarah



After a stressful start to the year with finishing off my Dissertation and basically the end of my Uni course, summer 2016 has been one of my best. Shannan suggest that I write a recap of my summer this year for her blog (you're reading it now, good isn't it?) and i thought it was a great idea to document what I've been up to and the most memorable parts!

My summer started off with the end of my course. I finished in May after handing in my last deadline and completing a presentation at Uni. This lead on to me spending a lot of time with my Uni friends (probably more than ever before) which was lovely. We finally had time to chill out and not be stressed about work. So it resulted in some park trips, some early morning comic book shop trips and a whole load of pizza. What a lovely way to spend the start of summer!

This summer was also when I started dating again. I'd been seeing/talking to a few people at the beginning of the year, and it wasn't overly working for me. However I started dating one person particular in May and it's been lovely. It's allowed me to have some lovely coffee shop dates, cinema trip and one very lovely day walking around a park with a picnic. I'm still in the mindset that relationships are not everything, and I don't have to count on seeing someone, but it's always lovely to wake up to a good morning text.

In 2016, I knew I'd be finishing Uni, so my goal was to take a few trips and see friends as much as possible. This has lead me so a lovely few day trips in to Liverpool, London and a very nice trip to Newcastle to see none other than Shannan! It was wonderful to have a few days break to see friends and I had such a wonderful time visiting Shannan's home town! It's strange that I've only known her a few years (probably not even that properly) but we had some lovely chats and adventures, I cannot wait to come stay again (packing my bags, get my bed ready!).

I haven't been on a family holiday for a long while. My parents and I stopped family holidays a few years back while we were getting a lot of work done to the house. But 2016 was the year we packed our bags and stayed in the lakes for a few days. Not only did I see a sheep up close (yes I know), climb a hill and eat cake every day, I got to stay in a very very fancy bed all to myself. The holiday was lovely and it was nice to spend time with my family away from home for a little bit. I cannot express how thankful I am for the little break.

Earlier on in the year I thought it would be a good idea to start journaling. This was probably the best decision I've made in a very long time. Writing down all my thoughts and feelings alongside detailed accounts of what I've done with my days has been wonderful. I'm excited to look back in a few years and remember what I've been up to and how I thought about it all. I'd recommend starting a journal to anyone!


So summer 2016 has been a blast intertwined with a blur of Uni results, job searching and graduating! I've started work as a trainee supervisor while still looking for a job, and keeping up with my own blog. It's been a manic summer and one of my favourites. I cannot get over how lovely this year has been so far, I really hope the rest of the year continues the same!


No comments