My Little Book Jar



A few weeks ago, Charlotte from WonderfullyBookish uploaded a post about a book jar she had made, it contains little pieces of paper which have the titles of every book - both physical and ebook - that she owns. The idea is that when you are unsure on which book to read next, you can just go to your little jar and pick a piece of paper, open it up and bam, you have your next book. I thought it was a brilliant idea and just had to create one for myself, especially since I keep buying several books at a time and I can never decided which one to read first.

I thought I would share with you how I made my little jar incase any one else is interested in making one.

You will need:

  • A jar, preferably one with a lid
  • coloured paper
  • and a black pen
I bought my little jar from Tiger, a Danish store in Newcastle's Eldon Square. The jar cost my £3, and was the smallest size that they do however, the do have a variety of sizes. I also bought a similar jar from Ikea, which was larger and also cheaper in price at £1.75 but I decided to use that for something else. 

For my coloured paper I bought a pack or origami paper from Wilkinson, but any coloured paper would do. And I chose to use a black pen as it stands out against the coloured paper.

How to: 
Now this is pretty simple but I thought I would share how I did it anyway.
  1. Pick out several different colours of paper
  2. Cut the pieces of paper into a number of different pieces
  3. Get comfortable and write down your chosen titles
  4. Fold them up so that you can't see the writing, place them in your jar and bam, that is your little jar complete
I spent a full evening trawling through my book shelves and writing down every single title that I am yet to read or would like to reread and my jar is now complete. 

It really is as simple as that. Let me know if you've made your own little book jar, I'd love to see them!

If you would like to read Charlottes post for her book jar, the link is here, you can also find her Twitter here. She is a lovely girl so you should all check her out.

                                                       Bye for now my little pumpkins



No comments