Lifestyle | Five Before I Turn 25

There is so much I want to do with my life. I'll read something, or see something on the internet that is going on in the world, and I will think to myself "well I could be the one to make a change" or I'll see someone explore a city that I am yet to visit and all I can think to myself is "I need to live while I can." And after another episode like that it got me thinking what I would like to do in my life, realistically, and where do I see myself in 3 to 4 years time. I thought it might be interesting to see if I make these mini goals, and achieve even just one thing from my list so I am going to share them with you all.


  1. Travel, travel, travel. Okay, so I know that this is quite cliche but everyone who I have spoken to who has had the ability to travel whether it is just around one country, or if it is around the world has to travel as much as possible while you are young because later in life that opportunity won't be there anymore.
  2. Educate myself. Some say that you need to attend formal, and higher education to educate yourself, and yes, I believe that it is certainly one way to educate yourself to some extent. However, I believe that you need to live in the real world to truly educate yourself. For me, since graduating university last month I already feel as if I am educating myself more, through living 'the adult life'.
  3. Donate blood. This is actually something I am planning to do within the very near future - as in the next few months or so. It is something that I have always wanted to do but i'm a little bit of a scaredy cat and I used to be terrified of blood, and needles. However, I feel as if now I am over that fear and I am ready to donate. 
  4. Move into my own place. I've recently moved back in with my grandparents after living in university accommodation, and as much as I adore living with my family again, I miss having my own place, doing things in my own time, and generally just doing things my own way.
  5. Progress in my chosen career. At this moment in time I am a care assistant, however I'd love to progress in my career, but i'm struggling to decide between careers. I'm torn between becoming an adult nurse, or a social worker within adult services - with both professions I will need to attend education once more and both career paths can take a long time to complete, therefore I don't want to rush into a career that I may not enjoy in the long run. That is why I have decided to take my time in moving on in my career, and I am planning on taking an Open University course in an Introduction to Social Work to allow me to gain a bit of insight into the topic before making a proper decision. 
Well that is the five things that I want to do before I turn 25, with just over 3 years to go until my 25th birthday the pressure is on. Is there anything that you would like to achieve before a birthday of yours? Leave me a comment, and let me know!

                                                      Bye for now my little pumpkins


No comments