Lifestyle | Womens Sizes

Okay, I want to admit something to you all, are you ready? Okay, good. I hate any form of clothes shopping, whether it's for myself or other people. I won't try clothes on in store, I hate walking around trying to look for something you saw in store or online merely a week ago, but most of all, I hate how much sizes vary from store to store.

I know that I am definitely not the only one who suffers greatly because of this, but I want to share with you one experience that has completely put me off shopping altogether. I bought a pair of shorts from my favourite high street store - Primark - for my holidays, size 14, black denim shorts. I thought they were a steal for £5, and were perfect to take with me on my little summer holiday. Now I didn't bother trying them on in store partly because of my hatred of the whole shopping malarky, but also partly because the queue for the changing rooms at my local store are always unbelievably long. When I got home I discovered that not only were they a little snug around the tops of my thighs, but it near impossible to fasten the button around my hips. I am going to be honest I was a little disheartened but I was in desperate need for holiday clothes, and because when here in the UK I tend to just stick to what I am comfortable in - jeans and leggings - I just knew that I had to drag myself back round the shops, not only to take the shorts back but to find a replacement pair. Because of the fiasco caused by the last pair, I decided to actually brave the queues and try a number of pairs of the same shorts but in varying sizes. But to my disbelief and utter shock, the size that fitted me best was a size 18.

A few days later I found myself back at my local high street on the hunt for another pair of shorts, however out of curiosity I tried my luck at New Look - not a store that I shop at frequently. Before heading to the changing rooms I picked up a number of pairs of shorts, all in a variation of sizes and styles. And honestly, I found that the most comfortable pair were a size 14, and were a similar style to those in Primark, however as lovely as they were I just wasn't prepared to pay nearly three times more for them compared to the ones in Primark.

Unfortunately, it is not the only store I've had difficulty shopping in, and although I managed to find that comfortable pair in New Look, I've found that they sometimes have very low stock of the bigger sizes.

Since the great short fiasco I have set out on the search to find what store and style fit my shape and size best. Do any of you lovely lot have any suggestions of stores I should check out, or have any shopping horror stories yourselves that you wish to share? If so you can leave me a comment below and I'll be sure to check it out.

                                                      Bye for now my little pumpkins

No comments