Blogmas Day 10 | DIY Christmas Gifts | Flavoured Vodkas



I stumbled across this idea when trawling Pinterest looking for last minute gift ideas, and thought this was brilliant for those friends and family members who are difficult to buy for. It's even better for those friends who have asked for nothing other than alcohol for Christmas, yet you want to spice it up a little and make it that bit more personal.

What you need is:

  1. 1ltr of unflavoured Vodka - For my vodka I bought 1.5 ltrs of Asdas own brand vodka as the serving bottles I currently have are 1/2 ltr bottles.
  2. Serving bottles - The bottles I have for serving cost £1 from Ikea, and come in all sizes, and can be found here.
  3. Flavourings - You can flavour your vodka with almost absolutely anything, however some flavourings work better than others. For this post I have used peppermint candy canes.
  4. 1 large jar - I am using an old coffee jar, but as long as the jar holds the same amount of liquid as your serving bottles with a little room then you are set.
You may also need:
  1. A strainer
  2. A funnel
  3. A jug

How:

  1. Find out how much liquid your serving bottles can contain, and decant the same amount of vodka into your jar.
  2. Add the flavourings to the vodka in the jar. For 1/2 ltr of vodka I used 3 peppermint candy canes. Before adding the candy canes to the vodka, break them up into small pieces.
  3. Once the flavourings are in the vodka, secure lid to jar and store in a cool, dry place. Stir occasionally.
  4. After two to three days test the vodka, if the flavour is not as strong as you like you can add another one or two candy canes but I found that 3 were more than enough.
  5. Once you feel the flavour is strong enough, drain and pour into serving bottle.
  6. And there you have it.
The best thing about the peppermint candy cane vodka is that it gains the colour of the candy cane.


I have created a few different flavours over the last coming weeks, however some have been more successful than others. I am currently creating strawberry infused vodka, but since I just used the fruit it is not strong enough, although it has developed a redish colour which looks brilliant. To strengthen the flavour I am going to add one or two drops of strawberry essence before serving.

What are some flavours that you think I should try? Let me know in the comments below.

                                                       bye for now my little pumpkin

No comments