Blogmas Day 19 | the Boxing Day Sale survival guide



If you’re anything like me, heading out to brave the crazy tradition of the Boxing day sales can be a little daunting, especially when you just really hate shopping, busy places and obnoxious members of the public. So I thought I would provide you with a handful of useful hints and tips on how to survive the sales.

  1. Be Prepared:                                                         I typically find out what stores are holding the best sales, and I even sometimes window shop and scout out a few things that I’d like to keep my eye out for in the sales. It means that when it comes to the big day itself I am not just wandering aimlessly around over crowded stores.
  2. Take a Break:                                                         I tend to go to the sales early on in the morning, usually around 9 or 10am so I feel that it is important that after a few hours I sit down, have a coffee and just chill out. Sale shopping is stressful and hard work, it’s important to keep hydrated.
  3. Didn’t Get Angry:                                            I’ve been on the other side of this as a customer assistant last boxing day and believe me, getting irate, aggressive, or just generally having an attitude with the store staff will get you absolutely no where. They will be less likely to want to help you, and do not work stupidly long hours on Boxing Day to be shouted at. This is why both tips one and two are incredibly important.
  4. Take Care:                                                             I know this goes without saying but do not be like those people we see on the TV during the Black Friday Sales, don’t fight over items, and don’t lash out. It really does get you nowhere.  But also, take care when heading too and from the sales, and when out on the roads around the festive period as drink driving rises during this time.

And those are my 4 main tips and tricks to serving the Boxing Day sales, let me know how you survive the sales, or whether or not you venture out of the comfort of your home on Boxing Day.

             Bye for now my little pumpkins

No comments