Blogmas Day 2 | Christmas Memories



Christmas has always been a family orientated holiday for me, this is where most of my early childhood memories come from so in the spirit of Christmas I thought I would share with you 5 of my favourite memories from the festive season.

  1. One Christmas Eve, one of my brothers and I decided to share a room so we could wake up really early for Christmas. We were lay in our beds when we heard a big clatter which was soon followed by the sound of bells. My brother and I panicked because when we were growing up we were told that if we were still awake once Santa arrived then we would only receive coal so we threw our duvets over our heads and pretended to snore. Looking back I can say that we would of looked a little silly but we really did believe in Santa.                        
  2. That same Christmas my parents woke us up in the morning, recording us as we woke up and headed downstairs to find that not only had Santa been to visit, he'd also left us presents despite us being awake when he arrived. I think our faces must of been a picture.                     
  3. A few Christmas later, my brother and I had asked for a Game Boy Colour each as our main presents (that was a little tradition we had). Well when I say asked, we practically begged for it. But on Christmas morning we opened our presents to find that there was no Game Boy to be found. Then, my dads phone goes off, and he showed us a text message from "Santa" saying that he left an extra present for each of us under the other tree out in our hallway. That was it, me and Thomas ran out to find two little boxes, one gold and one silver. Both labelled with our names, containing a console each and a game. Safe to say there were definitely tears of happiness that day.                                                                                                                   
  4. But Christmas isn't all about the presents, one Christmas my grandparents came over for Christmas dinner which was a very rare occasion. I remember being totally overjoyed that they had came to ours for dinner as they never usually did. We all sat around our dining table wearing our silly paper hats, reading out those dumb Christmas cracker jokes to each other. It was such a great day because it was spent with t favourite people.                                             
  5. The final memory I want to share is a pretty recent one, in fact it is from Christmas 2013. This was my first Christmas since moving out so I ended up staying in my brothers room in his floor as my mum said she did not trust me around the presents. It reminded me of when we were little kids, and it made that Christmas even more magical.
What are your favourite Christmas memories? Let me know in the comments below.




No comments