Blogmas Day 6 | Yankee Candle Advent Calendar Review


I know we are now 6 days in to December and I have well and truly broken in to my advent calendar but I thought I would wait a few days to give this one a review, yknow since I needed to open its doors first. Haa haa.

Now, if you know me you will now just how much I love candles, especially Christmas scented candles. And I have always wanted to treat myself to the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar so I thought why not treat myself to one this year.

I bought myself the black calendar with the tree design, like the one pictured to the right. And it contains 23 mixed tea lights of Spiced Orange, Winter Glow, Cosy by the Fire, Christmas Cookie, Bundle Up and Snowflake Cookie, as well as one Christmas Eve votives for Christmas eve. I picked this calendar up for £20 from Boots, however it has now dropped in price down to £13.33 online, so I would grab one now before they have all sold out.

At first I felt a little bit let down by Yankee Candle once I realised that the candles we received each day leading up until Christmas eve were tea lights, and not nice little votives that I typically buy but it is safe to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the burning time on the tea lights. I expected them to be gone with an hour or two, but some of mine have been burning for up to 6 hours.

I also adore the design of this little calendar, and it goes well with the Christmas decorations I have up within my home.

Furthermore, I absolutely love the six different scents chosen in this selection. The other advent calenders by Yankee Candle do provide a different selection of candles, but often still have some similar ones. So if the selection of candles within the calendar are not for you, then you can always check the back of the box to find out what candles it provides.

Overall, I think this is a great value for money, and I am chuffed to bits that I bought one with year. Have you bought one? Let me know in the comments below what your favourite Yankee Candle scents are.

                                                          Bye for now my little pumpkins

No comments