Blogmas Day 25 | My Highlights



It's safe to say that this year has truly been a rollercoaster of emotions, not just for myself but I guess I can speak on behalf of the majority of us when I say that 2016 has been a utter load of poo. But it has had it's moments..

For me, my biggest highlight of 2016 is graduating with a 2:1 in Childhood Studies from the University of Sunderland. I have never felt so happy, and proud of myself, and all of my fellow classmates. During the graduation ceremony I couldn't help but keep saying"we did it" over, and over, and over again. It didn't seem real. Standing on that stage, in front of friends, family, class mates and educators just filled me with immense pride. But, I think what made graduation so special for me was being able to graduate with my friends and peers. We had worker so damn hard over the last three years, I could help but smile while watching the others graduate too.

   

Another highlight for me was heading to Bulgaria for a little family holiday my cousins, aunties, and extended family. I only went for a week, with my cousin Holly while all the rest went for two but it was still amazing. And after everything we had been through before that, it was just what we all needed. Sun, cocktails and my family, all in the same place.


But these where the big things, the little things really shouldn't be taken for granted. Some of the small things include seeing my family more, and building a relationship with members of the family I was never too close with in the beginning. It's spending more time with my best friend who lives over 100 miles away. It's finding a job that I enjoy, and getting the courage to further my education. It's finding where I am happiest and learning that although life can deal you a bad hand, there is always a good hand to follow. It's releasing that although this year has been pretty rough, I've come out the other side of it stronger, happier and more determined than ever.

So that's my highlights of 2016.. I've loved, and hated this year. But like I said above, I've come out of the other side and I am ready for whatever 2017 throws at me.

What are your highlights of the year? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear about them.

                                                        Bye for now my little pumpkins


Disclaimer: I just wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments, and support I have received throughout blogmas. It's really helped me to become more determined and focused in terms of blogging and I have enjoyed this so, so much. I hope you all have!

No comments