Blogmas Day 15 | Just A Quick Chat



Some of you may be aware but earlier this year I lost my Nana. She had been so much more than a Nana to me. Her death was quite sudden and since then my mental health has declined. My anxiety got worse, and I have struggled incredibly. However, I recently decided that I can't let this all get the better of me so I went to seek help. My doctor put my in contact with a local charity known as Talking Matters, a mental health charity set out to support those struggling with a variety of mental health issues. I was able to discus my issues with someone who I felt really cared about how I feel, and even that in itself was the beginning of the cloud being lifted. I have struggled with poor mental health for a number of years but since being put into contact with Talking Matters, I've started to see a difference in myself. They have suggested that I try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to manage my anxiety, and make the changes I know that I need to make to live a happy life.

That is why I have also found myself a new job which is closer to home, meaning that I won't getting up at 5am, and getting home at 10pm. My new job is also less hours, so I can manage more time to myself. And make sure that I get that "me time" which is so important.

I've also found enjoyment in readying and learning again, which is why I have applied to study nursing in 2017. I've always wanted to be a nurse but I never, ever thought I would be strong enough. But after everything that 2016 has thrown at me, I now believe that I can take on anything.

On top of all of this, I have started dating again and spending time with a genuinely kind and sweet guy who I feel as if I can trust with anything. He's made a big difference in my life recently too. And I am also spending more time with my family and friends, I feel closer to them and I realise now that I have a real support system behind me, 100% of the way.

I hope this clears up some of the questions as to why things have been a little different, and on the quieter side here at 20 Something. But normal order has resumed and this is how things shall stay ✨


No comments